- Around Town
- Ranney’s Middle School Honored with National Literary Awards
- How you can help
- 2012 Meridian Health Foundation Gala Success
- Ask The Experts
- AskThe Expert - John Kling Custom Homes
- AskThe Experts - Ranney School
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Marquis Florals
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Harbor Lights Financial Group
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Ferrari Maserati
- Cover Story
- Mike Scotti - From the Front Line to the Screen
- Stay Tooned - Keep an eye on Long Branch’s Michael Attardi – Animation’s New Maestro
- Making Headlines - Jim Driscoll
- DayTripper: Manasquan Reservoir
- DayTripper: Princeton
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide - Art of Wine
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - The Great Atlantic Porch Company
- Gift Guide - La Cashina Ristorante
- Gift Guide - Normandie Bakery
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - db Orthopedic
- Health - Mosaic Day Spa
- Health - Red Bank Radiologists
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Distinctive Pools
- The Home: Cabitron - Design Trends
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Just Restaurant
- Company Profile - The Dermatology Centers of NJ
- Our Pick - Graziano & Company CPAs
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Seth Tropper
- Kids On The Move - Brayden Donnelly
- People On The Move - Alexandra Kerenyi Augustyn
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Delicious Orchards
- The Guide 2013 - Mark Joseph's
- Company Profile - CKO Middletown Kickboxing
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Colts Neck Manor House
- The Home - Rainmaker Lawn Sprinklers
- The Home Guide - Kitchen & Bath Station
A Family Canvas
02/28/2011 - By Michael Berman
Photography by AK Photo / Al Kruper
The Fuzzi family home is a showcase of life and travel
Dr. Patricia Fuzzi grew up in Forest Hills, N. Y. with stops in East Brunswick and Old Bridge before finally settling down in Morganville. Her family’s home is a custom built contemporary colonial that serves as a gallery of sorts to the many collections, pieces of art and family photos acquired while raising a family and traveling the world over the past 20 years.
Dr. Fuzzi, a mental health practitioner and clinical psychologist with offices in Manalapan, believes in an artful approach to life and work. She is currently adding her creative touch and unique clinical experience to Educare, a new concept childcare center located in Old Bridge which is scheduled to open in the spring of 2011.
The Fuzzi family moved to Morganville in 1999 after searching for a location to put down roots, raise a family and be close to Patricia’s professional offices. Towns such as Colts Neck and Holmdel were in the running until a family friend, already living in the neighborhood, mentioned a beautifully situated subdivision in Morganville. The Fuzzi’s loved the privacy of the street and went to work making their brand new house their artfully decorated home. They wanted it to reflect their love of family, art and music. Patricia has been an avid photographer since she was very young, so photographs adorn almost every wall and all tell a story or reflect a special time in her family’s history. Additionally, the talented Fuzzi children have all put their imprint on the family’s home with their own creativity.
Stefano, the Fuzzi’s oldest son, is attending The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City and is studying Film Directing. He is also a composer and singer and when performing goes by the name “The Ocean.” Francesca is also a student at SVA and is studying fine art with a focus on art therapy. She is also a gifted baker with a golden touch for the pastry arts. Alessandro is the youngest of the Fuzzi clan; even though he is only in the second grade he has exhibited talent in art and music like his siblings.
The Fuzzi home is as much travelogue as canvas. Patricia believes in “bringing a little piece of her journey” home with her wherever she goes. Travel has been a part of her family’s life for a long time. The Fuzzi home is adorned with many pieces of art and collections of objects that trigger memories of almost every area of the world. Trips to Egypt, Israel, Bulgaria, Greece, Luxemburg, France, Portugal, Norway, Russia, Alaska, Bermuda and her beloved Italy (Patricia still has family in the old country) have all been destinations on their globe-trotting. She still looks forward to exploring Asia, where no doubt Patricia and family will add much more that will seamlessly be added to the collage of images and memories that make up the Fuzzi’s artfully decorated family home.
The Fuzzi home is a gallery of color and light. The walls are painted a neutral white to enhance the colo rful artwork displayed throughout the home.The lighting design is focused on highlighting and softly illuminating the home's objets d’art. Fine art pieces by Miro,Tarkay, Krasnyansky, Max, and Erte among others create a collage of color and composition for all to enjoy. The grand piano’s black, high gloss finish serves as a wonderful counterpoint to the symphony of color found on the walls.
A view from above illustrates the Fuzzi family’s commitment to living with art.The furnishings are comfortable and continue the black counterpoint theme to the colorful artwork and photographs o n the walls.The splashes of color are added by the art and handmade rugs as well as hanging tapestries purchased on many a journey to the Near East and Europe.
The foyer of the Fuzzi home features a crystal chandelier suspended from the ceiling and a sweeping staircase. The art and vintage wall hangings add to the feeling of movement upon entering this architecturally open interior. Collections of many shapes, sizes, themes and color create enormous visual interest. These collections are much more than just show pieces; they reflect a zest for living and an appreciation for the colors in life.The many cats, of many shapes and color, are a core part of Patricia’s collections.The Fuzzi’s have a number of felines as pets and they can sometimes be seen prowling around their more stationary and colorful friends!
A wall full of photographs showcases the Fuzzi’s commitment to family and creating a history worthy of remembrance. The display triggers fond stories of joyous times go ne by and meaningful times ahead. Images of family, special events and travel adventures all combine to create a wonderful patchwork of color and composition.
Powered by eDirectory™