- Around Town
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- How you can help
- 2012 Meridian Health Foundation Gala Success
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Dr. William Ziegler
- Ask The Expert - Brock Farms
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Colts Neck Center for Orthodontics
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Monmouth Beach Shutters
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Rockwell Dentistry
- Cover Story
- A Major League Success - John Valentin
- Leader of the Pack - Lt. Colonel James Sfayer
- In Good Company - Walt Hameline
- DayTripper: Historical Village at Allaire
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Ganga Asian Bistro
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Land Rover of Monmouth
- Gift Guide - Golf Greens “Fore” U
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - All-County Dermatology
- Health - Absolute Vein Care
- Health - Red Bank Gastroenterology Associates
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Gallery - Grand Design Doors Inc.
- The Home Guide - T. Dorland Studio at Folio Art Glass
- The Home - H2O Bath and Kitchen Elegance
- Our Picks
- Company Profile - The Back Relief and Comfort Store
- Our Pick - Vianney Institute of Learning
- Company Profile - Distinctive Pools Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Fern Esposito
- People on the Move: Stu Marcus
- Rhoda Geller - A “Coach” For Life
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Bear and Birch
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- The Guide 2013 - Poor Cat Designs
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Guide - casale TILE
Ask The Experts - David Chewey
Garden Associates - Landscape Architecture, Inc.
125 Half Mile Road, Suite 200
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Garden Associates Landscape Architecture Inc. has been a premier landscape architectural firm for the past 20 years with offices in Red Bank and Somerville, N.J. as well as in Manhattan. Their philosophy is "Beauty by Design" and their mission is to design beautiful gardens and outdoor living spaces for their clientele. These gardens and spaces allow clients a place of refuge from the hurly-burly world of today. Their skilled team of Landscape Architects will show you how to make the most of your dreamscape and reap its rewards for years to come. Call them at (732) 933-2678 to schedule a consultation.
What is a Landscape Architect and what is the difference between a Landscape Architect and "Landscape Contractor"?
A Landscape Architect has a tremendous influence on how people interact with their environment. We can be defined as artists who shape the world in which we live. We design spaces for people to experience visually, physically and psychologically through careful consideration of all outdoor components. Landscape Architects need to creatively blend art and science to ensure that a site not only looks good but that it also functions well. In order to become a Landscape Architect you need to obtain a 4-year college degree, have the appropriate amount of work experience, pass a licensing exam and then maintain that license with continuing education credits. Our schooling and extensive work experience allows us to knowledgeably coordinate with clients, architects, engineers, building professionals and government officials to ensure successful projects from initial design to final implementation. In contrast, a landscape contractor focuses more on the construction aspect of a project. Landscape Architects and landscape contractors need to work closely together. Effective project management of all the moving pieces results in a successful end result.
What are the current trends in residential Landscape Architecture?
Current trends in residential landscape architecture suggest that homeowners are looking to create outdoor environments that bring all of the amenities from inside the home to the exterior of the home. Spaces that incorporate fireplaces, fully stocked outdoor kitchens, outbuildings with TV & audio capabilities, etc. A well designed space should be an extension of your home. The goal is to blur the boundaries and enhance the experience.
Does the value of a home increase after using a Landscape Architect?
There have been studies to prove that a well planned and professionally executed landscape plan will in fact increase the value of your home. First impressions go a long way when selling a home and a well designed environment will bolster that first impression, as well as the overall experience. A homeowner can expect an increased sale value of up to 10% or more. The investment of using a Landscape Architect will not be wasted and 100% or more of the cost can be recovered.
What professionals do you work with when designing a residential property?
As Landscape Architects we are capable of managing all of the nuts and bolts of a complex landscape project. We need to coordinate with environmental specialists, architects, engineers throughout the design process. Once the design takes shape we pull the team together for construction. The team is dictated by the project scope and will contain members such as electricians, masons, carpenters, plumbers, plant specialists, irrigation contractors, pool builders and so on. A comprehensive landscape project can be overwhelming to a homeowner. Relying on a Landscape Architect skilled in project management will take the pain out of the process.
Powered by eDirectory™