- Around Town
- Voyagers’ Community School Welcomes Dr. Nel Noddings
- 5th Annual Cardboard Box City Raises More Than $14,000
- Twin Brook Golf Center
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Ask The Expert - Staci J. Greenwald, Esq.
- AskThe Expert - Frank LaRocca
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - Rosen Decorators
- The Guide 2015 - Artistic Tile
- The Guide 2015 - iPlay America
- Cover Story
- A Quest for the Unknown
- Kim Guadagno - New Jersey's First Lieutenant Governor
- John Green - ABC News Award-Winning Producer
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Fall Guide - Performing Theatre
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Taylor Franzreb
- Featured Artist - Dorothy Kaplan
- Featured Artist - The Yevchaks
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - ClockWorks Development Group
- Gift Guide - Folio Art Glass
- Gift Guide - Vaccaro Brothers Flooring & Kitchens
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health - Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls
- Health - AMI - Atlantic Medical Imaging
- HWB 2014 - Vein Institute of New Jersey
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- Holiday Fun in the City: NYC & PHL
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Newsletter Articles
- Red Bank Gastroenterology - Advertorial
- Health - Center For Oral & Maxillocacial Surgery
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- Our Picks
- Health - Dr. Louis B. Conte
- Company Profile - Chamlin, Rosen, Uliano & Witherington, Attorneys at Law
- Our Pick - Cruise Holidays of Marlboro
- People On The Move
- Bob Zander Colts Neck Fire Marshal
- Kids On The Move: Dave Burke
- People On The Move - Gokul Makunda
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Guide
- Company Profile: RUMC - Dr. Philip E. Otterbeck
- The Guide 2014 - Vik's Fine Jewelry
- The Guide 2015 - Red Bank River Center
- The Home Guide
- The Home Spotlight - Select Technology Group
- The Home Guide - Top Line Appliance Center
- The Home Guide - Central Jersey Pools
Company Profile - cupcake confections™ at West End Confection Co.
cupcake confections™ at West End Confection Co.
165 Amboy Rd, Sweet 505
Morganville, NJ 07751
West End Confection Co. started cupcake confections™ to combine the best of both worlds.We bake our cupcakes from the finest ingredients and then dip them in chocolate. We also offer our unique cupcaketruffles™ and 'naked' cupcakes without chocolate. Our cupcakes have become a unique part of West End Confection Co. and its well established chocolate covered pretzel and confection business.
What was the motivating factor to launch your company?
As a child I loved to bake. At the age of 10 I baked chocolate chip cookies and sold them in my grandmother’s gift shop. After completing college with a degree in fashion design from Syracuse University I worked in New York City while planning to open my own business. The opportunity came when my position was eliminated. I began the business in my apartment and eventually opened a store in Manalapan called Elegant Edibles.
What do you feel sets you apart from your competition?
At cupcake confections™ and West End Confection Co., everything is made to order to ensure the freshest and finest quality product. We can customize for any event or occasion.We also offer a retail boutique where items can be purchased without pre-ordering.
Why would a current customer tell someone that they should shop at your store?
My current customers refer their friends and family members to us because of our impeccable customer service, as well as the wonderful items we make directly on premises.
What makes cupcake confections™ stand out among other businesses like yours?
We offer many different things under one roof. You can stop in for a quick gift, or have party favors and gifts customized for you.We also offer birthday parties. And don’t forget the cupcakes! Coming in 2011 cupcake decorating parties.
What do you want a potential customer to know that they will take away if they shop with your shop?
Our customers take away everything sweet from our boutique.We make you feel like a “kid in a candy store,” and that puts a smile on everyone who comes to visit our establishment.
What aspect of your business most inspired you to take this direction?
I have never lost my love for baking. My kids say “I’m crazy for cupcakes,” so I brought cupcakes and chocolate together. Yum!
Are there any things cupcake confections™ is doing to help customers hurt by the economy?
Because we can customize your order, I can easily work within a customers' budget. Everything from party favors to corporate gifts; we can accommodate every customer.
Are there any new trends or things you would point to that our readers should know about cupcake confections™?
Cupcakes are all the rage. Dipping them in chocolate adds a new level.
Is there an industry leader or someone inspirational you would like to meet and why?
Milton Hershey. He had the drive to turn his failing business into a chocolate empire and help underprivileged children.
Powered by eDirectory™