- Around Town
- Relief News
- The Community YMCA Launches Annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Two River Theatre Annouces 20th Anniversary Season
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- AskThe Experts - Frank D'Aponte
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - BiroVenus Medical Spa
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Valina Salon & Day Spa
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Two River Theater Company
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Day Tripper: Dover Stone Church
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Etc - The Endless Summer
- Etc - The Facebook Situation
- Etc - Tired, Busy, Distracted, and Resigned
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck
- Gift Guide - Brown’s Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
- Gift Guide - Tee Time Golf
- Health Talk
- AMI - New Weapon in Fight Against Lung Cancer
- Health Talk - Dr. Patrick Cuozzo
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - The Sea Spa and Salon
- Health - IVF New Jersey
- Health - Test Sports Clubs
- Living in Colts Neck
- La Bella Vita!
- Impeccable Style
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Newsletter Articles
- Our Pick - Sal ScialloState Farm
- The Home - Ideal Tile Gallery
- HerSpace Breast Imaging - GE Wattstations
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - The Shoppes At Old Bridge
- The Home Gallery - Ralco Builders
- Our Pick - Sunshine Solar Systems
- People On The Move
- People on the Move: Christine Schultz
- Kids On The Move: Andrew Cerullo
- People On The Move: Tom Martini
- The Bay
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Folio Art Glass
- The Guide 2013 - Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club
- The Guide 2013 - Sea Spa & Salon
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ace Home Improvements
- The Home Guide - Four Seasons® Sunrooms
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
Company Profile - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.®
Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.®
2424 Route 34
Manasquan, NJ 08736
We are in the business of assisting our clients in the accumulation and preservation of wealth. To achieve our mission, we focus our firm’s activities on a single goal: to provide expert independent financial advice and comprehensive asset management services at a reasonable cost.
What might a client feel stands out about your company that would make them refer you to family or friends?
Delivering an exceptional client experience is the key to establishing a strong referral base from existing clients.We accomplish this by first learning as much as we can about our clients goals and objectives. We then work closely with our clients to establish a plan that makes good common sense and fits within the client’s lifestyle. By taking an interest in many facets of our clients’ lives and not just focusing on the money, we are often able to elevate the client experience above what they have normally come to expect from a wealth management firm, and consequently we have been fortunate to receive a steady flow of referral business from our existing client base.
What sets your company apart from your competitors?
As an independent firm, Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc. has no obligations to investment product manufacturers and no cross-sell quotas or other home-office directives that may lead to conflicts of interest. Our sole focus is serving our clients, and we act in our clients’ best interests at all times. We provide unbiased financial planning and investment advice, based on a thorough understanding of our clients’ unique circumstances and philosophy about wealth management. We offer the benefit of our experience, education and professional training to help people pursue their personal financial goals.
What was the motivating factor for the launch of your company?
In the mid to late 1980’s Rob Tendler and Ken Roberts worked together at a local financial planning firm. It was there that they realized in order to provide unbiased advice to their clients over the long term they would need to branch out on their own. So in 1994, they founded what is now Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc. Having the ability to provide advice independent of a parent organization, free from conflicts of interest was the key motivating factor in starting our firm.
How has your company changed over the last decade?
The last decade has been one of many challenges coupled with many opportunities. In 1999 we were still in one of the strongest bull markets of the prior century and our biggest worry was whether or not our computers would know the correct date on January 1st, 2000. Little did we know of the challenges that would lie ahead, such as the terrorist attacks of 9/11, or the corporate corruption from the likes of Enron,WorldCom, and Arthur Anderson and Company, to name a few. This would be followed by two wars and the greatest economic recession since the great depression. Helping our clients navigate these tumultuous times has been our primary focus. We have had to become more tactical in our investment management and have learned to focus as much on asset preservation as we do on accumulation and growth. Providing strategies that protect retirement income streams in down markets while providing growth of these income streams in good markets has become our primary objective.
The financial consultants of Harbor Lights Financial Group offer Securities and advisory services through LPL Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC
Powered by eDirectory™