- Around Town
- Business Information
- Annual Monmouth Teen Arts Festival
- 2012 Meridian Health Foundation Gala Success
- Ask The Experts
- Cynthia Salter-Lewis, MD, ReNew Med-Spa and Cosmetic Laser Center
- Ask The Experts: Tina and Gabriel Simon BallRoom etc. Dance Studio
- Ask The Experts - Michael J. Cunningham MD
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - ClosetTec
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Sparano Face & Nasal Institute
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Wine Academy Superstores
- Cover Story
- From Saigon to Success - Dr. Khanh Nguyen lives the “American Dream” in Colts Neck
- La Bella Vita!
- Kelly Breen
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - John Cortese Masons
- Gift Guide - Restorative Health Alliance
- Gift Guide - Getting In Shape For Women
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Lori S. Gormley, M.D.
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dawn Rockwell, DMD
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Tara Gostovich, DMD Orthodontist
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Health - DeForte Dentistry
- Holly Hill
- Designed for Living, A Couple that Decorates Together Stays Together
- Contemporary Style - Living Outside The Box
- Newsletter Articles
- European Wax Center
- The Home Gallery - Heritage Deck
- Our Pick: Marlboro Dental Arts, PC
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - California Closets
- Our Pick: Closettec
- Our Pick - King Remodeling Home Fashion Center
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Bethany McGovern
- People On The Move - SuzAnne and Gabor Barabas
- Kids On The Move: Dave Burke
- The Bay
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Hazlet Pharmacy
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- The Guide 2013 - Anna's Italian Kitchen
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
- The Home - Top Line Appliance Center
Company Profile - Oasis Backyard Farms
Oasis Backyard Farms
Servicing Monmouth County
The Greener Healthier You
Specializing in “Organic Vegetable
Gardens” for homeowners.
A gift that keeps on
giving all season long!
“The Garden of your Dreams”
Oasis Backyard Farms is a full service provider of organic vegetable/herb gardens to home owners. We design, create and maintain the garden of your dreams in your own backyard. Our motto is “Making the Garden State greener one home at a time!” Every plant is started with certified organic seeds. Oasis Backyard Farms will not introduce any soil, amendments or pest deterrents into a garden that has not been researched and proven to be truly organic. It starts with a free consultation to gain an understanding of our clients’ desires. Many are looking for this to be a fun and educational process for their children. Some realize that by the time they buy their organic produce at a market it has lost most of its nutritional value because it may have traveled thousands of miles. Almost all of our customers are interested in being part of a greener environment and putting the healthiest food possible on their tables.
What was the motivating factor for the launch of your company?
My parents introduced me to gardening when I was very young. Times were tough. Growing our own food was a necessity and a big part of our lives. I grew up, went to college, got married, raised a family and had a high paying corporate job. But all along I kept the family tradition alive with my ever flourishing plot of dirt. It hit me; the stress of my day to day job was not what life should be about and not what I wanted. I needed to reinvent myself. They say if you are going to start a business, do what you are passionate about. I decided to share my knowledge and love of gardening. The fact that I get to do something that I enjoy every single day of the year has made me happy and the business flourish. It’s the best thing I ever did!
How do you stay current with the new advances in your field?
I have joined a number of organizations that help make a difference. One is the Kitchen Gardeners International. This organization was instrumental in pushing to get the White House to plant a garden this year. What a thrill! A number of publications keep me up to date on what’s new in the world of gardening. Rutgers Agricultural Department has also proved to be a great source of information. And I take classes locally whenever possible.
Why would a current customer tell a friend or family member that they should use your services?
I have gotten many referrals from my current customers because they have truly enjoyed the experience. I never take the approach of one size fits all. For example, some of my customers have kids and they are looking for them to be involved from the get go. For them we start mini-greenhouses in their homes before it’s time to plant to keep them engaged. I have customers that want to learn along the way. With them I work side by side. Some clients don’t have much time, but want the incredibly healthy harvest. For them I do it all. No matter the desire, we work out a plan to create the ultimate gardening experience for all our customers.
Powered by eDirectory™