- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Experts: Dr. Manolis G. Manolakakis
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Buyers Guide 2011-2012
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Haircolorxperts
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Valina Salon & Day Spa
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Federico’s Landscape Design
- Day Tripper - New York City for the Holidays
- Daytripper:The New York Aquarium
- Day Tripper - Yogi Berra Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Garden Associates Landscape Architecture, Inc.
- Buyers Guide 2011-12 - Atlantic Plumbing Supply
- The Guide 2013 - The Grove
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health Talk - Carol Ash, DO
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Marlboro Village Pharmacy
- AMI…The Breast Imaging Specialists
- Health - Red Bank Gastroenterology Associates
- Newsletter Articles
- Eagle Oaks Country Club Hosts Honor Day
- The Home Gallery - Heritage Deck
- The Home - Decorating Den Interiors
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Touch Of Elegance Furniture
- Our Pick - Waste Management of NJ, Inc.
- Health - Elevate Yoga
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tamara Markowitz
- People on the Move: Ann Yokum
- People on the Move: Maureen Doloughty
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - The Grove
- Company Profile - Atlantic Age Management
- The Guide 2013 - David Burke’s Fromagerie
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide - JGS Insurance
Home at Last
10/01/2005 - By Gena Ansell-Lande
Gena Ansell-Lande interviews Juan and Marta Gutierrez as she tours their Colts Neck home.
Juan and Marta Gutierrez live in the kind of house that belongs in the movies. The 9,000 square foot property set on 50 acres is filled with family pictures, eclectic art and antiques. As you walk through the house you can’t help but notice the horse motif that exemplifies their love of all things equestrian.
From the moment Marta first stepped foot on the grounds she knew this was the house for her family. The Gutierrez’s main goal was to create an elegant, lived-in atmosphere. With the help of Zaksons, they certainly accomplished that goal. Although they have only been in the house for a year, it has the warmth and coziness that comes with being somewhere for a long time. As Marta says, “I wanted to live in a home, not a museum.”
Originally a farm, the house was built in 1984. The three main colors that run through the house are red, yellow and blue which add a bright, airy feel to each of the rooms. “We wanted our guests to feel warm and comfortable, not stiff or formal,” says Marta. Each room is distinctive and although some of the spaces are adjoining, they each retain their own individual style. The house has an overall “unfussy” feel to it.
Both Juan and Marta were born in
and their love of Cuban art and artifacts is displayed throughout their home. They also collect antiques and fine art and have amassed quite a collection from their extensive traveling around the world.
The Guttierez’s have 5 children, 2 grandchildren, and love to entertain. They are known for their big Sunday dinners, set at their enormous kitchen table. Juan and Marta are active cooks and entertainers so a big kitchen was a necessity.
Although Juan says their home is still a “work in progress,” we think it is definitely complete.
Powered by eDirectory™