- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Joe Chehova of Lighting World
- Ask The Expert - Avra Karak
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Best Bet - Elite Dental of Staten Island
- Cover Story
- Bob Ojeda - An Extra Inning
- Golden Moments - David Goldman
- Spirits For The Spirit: The Legacy of Laird & Co.
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Federico’s Landscape Design
- Gift Guide - Galaxy Toyota
- Best Bet - Modern Elegance Kitchen & Bath Studio
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Dr. Clifford M. Sales
- Health Talk - IVF New Jersey
- Health Talk - GENESIS Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Health Talk - Maria Nadelstumph - Brandywine Senior Living at Wall
- AMI Presents Girls Night Out
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Living in Colts Neck
- Home at Last
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- La Bella Vita!
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- Health - The Dermatology Center
- Our Pick - School Answers - Colts Neck Campus
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Tracey Dell
- People On The Move - Ken Davis
- Kids On The Move - Sarah Guenzburger
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Homeclick Lighting
- The Guide 2014 - Mancini Giuffré Salon & Spa
- The Guide 2013 - Sunkissed Airbrush Tanning
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Landscaping by Mike Pantina
- The Home Guide - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide - AIR DOCTORS, INC.
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™