- Around Town
- Staten Island Fun Facts
- AMI Foundation Donates More Than 500 lbs. of Food from 6th Annual Food Drive
- Colts Neck Cares 1st Annual Benefit for Bella
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Ask the Expert - TJ Shaheen
- Ask The Expert - Dearborn Market
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Cover Story
- Paul Parmar: A man of the world
- First Lady of Holmdel, Mayor Serena DiMaso
- Eric Casaburi - Fearless
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Day Tripper - FRENCHTOWN
- Daytripper: The Lakewood BlueClaws: Exciting Minor League Baseball at the Jersey Shore
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Museums
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Manalapan Woodworking
- Gift Guide - Ginger’s Day Spa
- Best Bet - Fuggetta Contracting Corp.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Your Smile Sends A Message
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Health - Fitness
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Give a Little - Get a Lot
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Newsletter Articles
- Bentley Edison Vehicle Storage Special
- JDRF 12th Annual Need for Speed Gala
- The Home - Sheila Rich
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: A Better You Weight Management Centers, LLC
- Health - Jersey Shore Hot Yoga Marlboro
- Our Pick - Colts Neck Bagels
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Lianne Brock
- People On The Move - Andrew Scher
- People on the Move: Dorothee Volpini de Maestri-Gerberding
- The Bay
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- Company Profile - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- The Guide 2015 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- The Guide 2014 - 2 Chicks With Chocolate
- The Home Guide
- The Home - Ryser’s Landscape Supply
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
- The Home Guide - Energy Aide
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™