- Around Town
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask The Expert - Carolyn Welsh
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2015 - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- The Guide 2015 - The Libraty Group -UBS Financial Services
- Best Bet - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Elyissia Chinchilla
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Pelican Pool, Spa, & Patio
- Gift Guide - Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Anthony Sparano, M.D.
- Health Blog - Atlantic Laser Vision Center
- Health Talk - Brian Long CareOne Senior Care
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2015 - Fertility
- Health - Absolute Vein Care
- Health - Dermatology Associates of Central New Jersey
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Weigh In - What famous person would you invite to your holiday table?
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- New Kids In Town - The Daszkowskis
- Completely Custom - The Campillays
- Full Circle - The Gamzas
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home Q&A - H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance: Bathroom Renovation
- JMH Home Design Consultants - Gallery
- The View: The Bereznyaks
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Toby Shylit Mack
- People On The Move - Gayle Eggan Aanensen
- Kids On The Move - Ray Wang
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Guide
- Company Profile - Dr. Anthony Mancino
- The Guide 2013 - Merri-Makers Catering
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home - Home Living Furniture
- The Home Guide - Troost Bros., Inc.
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™