- Around Town
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino To Appear at Grand Opening
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Ask the Experts: Vincent J Puma
- Ask The Expert - Jason C. Frazzano, Esq.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Hot Tubs by HotSpring, LLC
- Best Bet - SI Cruise Club & My Going Places Travel
- The Guide 2014 - Architects Studio Inc. Northeast
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- Daytripper: Hunter Mountain
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Activity
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Amy Puccio
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide: JMH Home Design Consultants
- The Guide 2014 - Downtown Tile
- Best Bet - Gerald Peter's Gold Mine
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health Talk - Michael J. Lacqua M.D.
- Health Talk - Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Chips Salon
- Meridian Weightless
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Our Picks
- Health - Allure Plastic Surgery Center
- Our Pick - Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey
- Our Pick: Auto Excellence
- People On The Move
- Kids On The Move - Claire McKittrick
- People On The Move - Rabbi Sally J. Priesand
- People On The Move - Lillie Hendry
- Summer Guide
- Out & About - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Miles Ahead Sports
- The Guide 2014 - ACD Custom Granite
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Gallery - Distinctive Pools
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™