- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Rudolf C. Thompson, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Experts - David Chewey
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - Morgan Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- The Guide 2015 - Alycia's Bistro
- The Guide 2015 - LPA Strategic Capital
- Cover Story
- Mary Higgins Clark
- A Major League Success - John Valentin
- Acing It All - Michael Lippens
- Monmouth Eat Beat - Ama Ristorante
- Staten Island EatBeat - Arena Steakhouse & Lounge
- Central Jersey EatBeat - JUST Restaurant
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Fashions
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Featured Artist - John Kelly
- Gift Guide
- Gift Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
- Best Bet - Carlo's Bakery
- Best Bet - ForeverLawn at the Shore
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Marshall P. Allegra, M.D.
- Health Talk - David Lopez, M.D.
- Health Talk - New Reflections Plastic Surgery
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- HWB 2014 - Joslin Diabetes Center
- Health - Kensington Court
- Health - Air Doctors, Inc.
- Holiday Buzz 2014
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Dining Out For The Holidays
- A Model Home - The Tsairis’
- A Family Home by Design - The Trupiano's
- Great Estate: Areta Bendo
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- Bill Britton-Director of Golf Instruction
- Health - Trinity Rehab
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Wendy Lasater
- People On The Move - Victoria Masters
- People on the Move: Tim McDonnell
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- Our Pick - Richmond Tile & Bath
- Company Profile - CareOne
- The Guide 2014 - Kleban Furniture
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Rodman’s Building Inc.
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings of Greater NJ
- The Home - Signature Kitchens of New York, Inc.
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™