- Around Town
- Fall Guide 2014 - The Art of Wine
- Bentley Edison Service Clinic
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert: Lillian Burry
- Ask The Expert - Rockwell Dentistry
- Ask The Experts - Wegmans
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Vino Divino School of Wine
- Best Bet - Max's Es-Ca
- The Guide 2014 - Cosmetic Medic
- Day Tripper - Insectropolis
- Day Tripper: Grounds For Sculpture
- Day Tripper - The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide 2014 - Pick Your Patch
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Tim Dorland: A Glass Act
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Denise L. Waldron, DMD
- Gift Guide - Home Living Furniture
- Gift Guide - Shrewsbury Motors, Inc.
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Frank Borao, M.D.
- Health Talk - European Wax Center
- Newsletter Articles
- The Home: Town & Country Gallery
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School as National STEM Showcase School
- Eats: Twin Lights Bakery Cafe
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Top Line Appliance Center
- Our Pick - The Grove at Shrewsbury
- Our Pick - Contemporary Motor Cars, Inc.
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Dr. Tricia Gilbert
- People on the Move: Dorothee Volpini de Maestri-Gerberding
- Valerie Niess - Raising Environmental And Political Awareness
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- The Bay
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- DISH - 2014 Monmouth County Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Paramount Oral Surgery
- Company Profile:Gerine A. Skamarak-EXIT Realty East Coast
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home - Giglio Builders
- The Home Guide - Kitchen & Bath Station
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™