- Ask The Experts
- Company Profile - Shrewsbury Vascular & General Surgery Associates
- Ask The Expert: John Beurskens
- Ask The Expert - Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Ray Catena Motor Cars
- The Guide 2014 - Merry Mutts
- The Guide 2014 - Casale Jewelers
- Cover Story
- Dr. Yong and Moon Choo…On a Fascinating Life Journey.
- A Quest for the Unknown
- Calling The Shots
- Daytripper: Franklin Institute
- Day Tripper - Bushkill Falls
- DayTripper: New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide - Kids Party Entertainment
- Fall Guide - Kids Enrichment
- Fall Guide - Pumpkins, Hayrides, & Orchards
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Sangita Phadke
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - School Answers
- Gift Guide - Grounds Keeper, Inc.
- Gift Guide - Dr. Robert Korwin, DMD
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Beth M. Deutch MD
- Health Talk - Asaad H. Samra, MD, FACS - Samra Plastic Surgery
- Health Talk - Michael R. D’Agnes, FACHE
- Newsletter Articles
- Historical Marlboro: The Vanderveer House
- The Home - H2O Bath and Kitchen Elegance
- Our Picks: H2O Bath & Kitchen Elegance
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: de Jensen Salon & Spa
- Our Pick - Just Restaurant
- Our Pick - JCC of Staten Island
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Catherine Zalewski
- People on the Move: Karen Ginty
- People On The Move - Tali Axelrod
- Summer Guide
- Summer Fun - Summer 2013
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Weigh In - My Favorite Jersey Beach
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - ACD Custom Granite
- The Home Guide - Monmouth Beach Plantation
- The Home Guide - Oasis Backyard Farms
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™