- Around Town
- Summer Fun - Summer 2014
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Firefly at the White Sands Opening Night
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - Marshall P.Allegra, M.D.
- Ask The Expert - Cabitron Kitchen and Bath, LLC.
- Ask The Expert - Hiren Patel, M.D.
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Bay Wellness - Health After Menopause
- Bay Wellness - Physician Focus: Steven R. Berkman
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2014 - Coastal Plumbing Supply Co.
- The Guide 2014 - Massage Envy Spa
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Day Tripper - Central Park
- Daytripper: Central Park Zoo
- Day Tripper - The Amish Experience
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - José Serrano
- Featured Artist - Molly Gaston Johnson
- Gift Guide
- The Guide 2014 - George Wall Ford
- Gift Guide - Denise L. Waldron DMD
- The Guide 2014 - Vovo Clinic
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Michael Ginsberg
- Why physicians and patients trust in Atlantic Medical Imaging
- Health Talk - Gym Spa
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health 2014 - Health Screenings
- Health Talk - Dr. Thomas J. Kayal
- Health - Orthopaedics
- A Family Home by Design - The Trupiano's
- The Perfect Nest - LaCorte
- A Diamond in the Rough - Habib
- Living in Colts Neck
- Writing a Legacy with Superintendent Dick Fitzpatrick
- Montrose Schoolhouse
- Muriel Rogers - Local Artist
- Newsletter Articles
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- The Home - Creating A Home Office
- Eats: Asahi
- People On The Move
- People On The Move - Reverend Monsignor Eugene M. Rebeck
- People On The Move - Dr. Susan Field
- People On The Move - Ray Andersen
- Summer Guide
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Summer Guide 2014 - Our Jersey Shore
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - $1 Million Emergency Department Expansion Opens
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - One Stop Women’s Health
- The Guide
- The Guide 2013 - Michael Duru Clothiers
- The Guide 2014 - Brielle Cyclery
- The Guide 2014 - Brown’s Heating, Cooling and Plumbing
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Custom Granite Fabrications
- The Home Guide - Sea Bright Solar
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
Our Pick - Atlantic Fencing Academy
Atlantic Fencing Academy
1 Sheila Drive
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
As one of the fastest growing sports in the United States, fencing blends together mental strategy, technical skills and pure athleticism. Since 1999, the Atlantic Fencing Academy has been offering kids and adults the opportunity to get involved in the sport. Its successful program produced many national champions and finalists.
Agota Balot is the owner and head coach of the Atlantic Fencing Academy. Born in Budapest, Hungary, her mother was a five-time world champion and Olympic silver medalist. Agota has also competed worldwide and has more than 40 years of fencing and personal training experience.
Besides Agota, Atlantic Fencing Academy boasts an array of experienced coaches who have been on Olympic and world championship teams. “Our coaches bring enormous experience from their competition background. They were taught by the best coaches in the world,” says Agota. “They truly love fencing and deeply care about our club and members. Every coach considers themselves a teacher; they want to give something more than just fencing. They are ambassadors to raise awareness of the benefits of the art of fencing.”
The coaches instruct students in foil, epee, and saber group classes based on age and skill level. In order to advance a fencer’s skills even further, private lessons and various specialty classes can be incorporated into the training.
The state of the art facility has 11 grounded strips with modern scoring machines and ample room for fencers to spar, refine their footwork, participate in group classes, take private lessons, practice drills on mounted targets, and cross train. When not fencing, club members and their families can watch the action from a lounge area or check out the latest gear in the equipment store.
The Academy welcomes fencers of all ages and skill levels and works to help them achieve their individual goals. Some members strive to make national and Olympic teams while others seek to attract the attention of college coaches. There are also those who participate simply because of their love for the sport and to maintain or improve their personal health and fitness. If you are thinking about giving fencing a try, the Academy offers an initial free introductory lesson to anyone interested.
Powered by eDirectory™