- Around Town
- Holiday Buzz - Sights & Sounds of the Season
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- AMI Providing Free Screening Mammograms
- Ask The Experts
- Ask The Expert - db Orthopedic Physical Therapy, PC
- AskThe Experts - Lawrence Durso
- Jim O’Neill - Event Sales Director
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - How Can An Ultrasound Help?
- Bay Wellness - Genital Warts
- Best Bets
- Best Bet - St. Paul’s School of Nursing
- The Guide 2014 - Gary Michaels Fine Jewelry
- Best Bet - Oasis Backyard Garden
- Cover Story
- Al Golden - The Golden Boy
- Nicholas Harary - The Essential Ingredients
- Captain David Harrison - Defending From The Jersey Shore
- Day Tripper - Sterling Hill Mining Museum
- Day Tripper - Old Barracks Museum
- Day Tripper - Overnight Adventures
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Hazlet Artist Jim McKenzie
- Featured Artist - Leah Passafiume
- Featured Artist - Nate Chadwick
- Gift Guide
- GiftGuide - Normandie Bakery
- Gift Guide - REHABILITY Pain and Injury Center
- SB Furniture Design - Gift Guide
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Iorio Plastic Surgery and CosMedical Center
- Health Talk - Adnan F. Danish, M.D.
- Health Talk - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Institute for Weight Loss
- AMI Women’s Imaging Center in Brick Township
- Health - Advanced Body Rehabilitation Center
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Streat Beat - Who Would You Invite To Dinner?
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Newsletter Articles
- RUMC Receives AHA - AHS Gold Plus Achievement Award
- The Rumson Country Day School Announces New Head of Lower School
- CPC BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE GRAND OPENING
- Our Picks
- Our Pick: Monmouth Beach Plantation Shutters
- Our Pick - Red Bank Radiologists
- Company Profile - Dr. John Young Orthodontics & Invisalign
- People On The Move
- People On The Move: Julie Baron
- People On The Move - Pete Davidson
- People On The Move: Bob Cutrupi
- Summer Guide
- Summer Guide 2014 - Out & About
- Weigh In - What Annoys You Most About The Beach?
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- The Bay
- The Bay - Could I Have Diabetes and Not Even Know it?
- The Bay - National Stroke Awareness Month
- The Bay - Healthier Heart
- The Guide
- The Guide 2014 - Denise L. Waldron, DMD
- The Guide 2015 - Kim's Jewelers
- Company Profile - Brock Farms
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Ace Aluminum
- Our Pick - Hubbard Park Real Estate
- The Home - ACD Custom Granite
Our Pick - Oasis Backyard Farms
Oasis Backyard Farms
Oasis Backyard Farms has a goal: To make the Garden State greener one home at a time. The company, owned and operated by Renee Mongiovi, is a full-service provider of organic vegetable and herb gardens. When you partner with Oasis all you need to do is provide them with a sunny spot, your vegetable preferences, and a water source. They do the rest! Renee will work with you to design, create, and maintain the garden of your dreams in your own backyard.
This year Renee is incorporating raised beds into her gardens. Made out of cedar, the boxes are designed for yards that may be difficult to cultivate. They’re also good for those getting a late start on their planting.
Some of Oasis’ customers are looking for this to be a fun and educational process for their children. This year Renee is starting program for the younger set. When they get involved with Renee in caring for the garden, the kids will earn a prize from a treasure chest in her truck.
Every plant is started with certified organic seeds in Oasis’ greenhouses and grown under their care. Oasis will not introduce any soil, amendments, or pest deterrents into a garden that have not been researched and are not truly organic. Renee also uses a method called “Companion Planting,” which minimizes pests and enriches the success of certain vegetables.
Oasis never takes the approach of one size fits all, and that’s what makes for an enjoyable experience. Some customers want to involve their children from the start, so Oasis starts mini-greenhouses in their homes even before it’s time to plant. Other customers want to learn along the way. There are some customers that don’t have the time and the patience, but want the incredibly healthy harvest, soRenee does it all for them.
“We had a really great season last year,” says Renee. “A number of customers asked for larger gardens this year due to their success.”
Powered by eDirectory™