- Around Town
- AMI Providing Free Screening Mammograms
- CNHS - "It's A Wonder Life"
- Resources Real Estate NJAR 2015 Award Winners
- Ask The Experts
- Ask the Expert - Kevin McKernan
- Ask The Expert - Mathnasium of Marlboro
- Ask The Expert - Vincent Hager
- Bay Wellness
- Bay Wellness - Welcome to our newest issue
- Bay Wellness - Making Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Bay Wellness - Don't Forget
- Best Bets
- The Guide 2016 - Visage Hair Studio NYC
- The Guide 2014 - L Furs
- The Guide 2014 - Connie Profaci Realty
- Cover Story
- Bob Ojeda - An Extra Inning
- Mike Scotti - From the Front Line to the Screen
- Taylor Totland The Shotmaker
- Monmouth EatBeat - B2 Bistro
- Staten Island EatBeat - The Stone House
- Restaurant Guide - Osteria Cucina Rustica
- Fall Guide
- Fall Guide 2014 - Performing Arts
- Fall Guide 2014 - Activities
- Weigh In - Which Halloween mask wins the creepy award?
- Featured Artist
- Featured Artist - Perry Balog
- Featured Artist - Franco Minervini
- Featured Artist - Jos Serrano
- Gift Guide
- Best Bet - Cruise Holidays of Marlboro
- Gift Guide - Seasonal World
- Best Bet - Gables New York
- Health Talk
- Health Talk - Ayotunde Adeyeri, M.D.
- Health Talk - Abraham Biegeleisen, D.D.S, P.C.
- Health Talk - Angelo Pollari KryoLife Staten Island
- Health, Wellness & Beauty
- Health - Think Spring, Think Injury Avoidance
- Health - The Lombardi Plastic Surgery Center
- Health - Avatar Spa
- Holiday Buzz 2015
- Bright Lights & Holiday Magic
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Chanukah Traditions In Transition
- Tropical Style - Alan Perl
- Shingle Sensation - Ray and Ali McCabe
- A Grand Home For Entertaining
- Newsletter Articles
- Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club - In A League of Their Own
- SnowBird Style: Jeff and Mary Schulsinger
- Q&A: Town & Country Kitchen and Bath
- Our Picks
- Our Pick - Open Hearts Matchmaking
- Our Pick: The Bandy Group
- Our Pick - The Original Oyster
- People On The Move
- Larry Fink caring, focused, and concerned environmentalist
- People On The Move - Julie Richards
- Kids On The Move - Ryan Dolan
- Summer Guide
- Best Bet - The Boondocks Fishery Red Bank
- Where Heritage Meets The Sea
- Summer Guide - The Beach is Back
- The Bay
- The Bay - A Body In Motion
- The Bay - Can The Weight Be Over?
- The Bay - Welcome to the Premiere
- The Guide
- The Guide 2015 - Rejuvenate Center for Medical Aesthetics
- The Guide 2015 - European Wax Center
- The Guide 2015 - Lighting World
- The Home Guide
- The Home Guide - Showerman of NJ, Inc.
- The Home - JGS Insurance
- The Home Guide - Garage Floor Coatings
People On The Move: Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips
TURNING A SIMPLE IDEA INTO REALITY
Watch out Holmdel! Two local entrepreneurs are about to put you on the map. Meet Wendy Neuberger and Stephanie Phillips, designers and creators of the disposable toothbrush holder. If youve ever wondered where to keep your toothbrush while traveling then keep reading. This invention promises to keep your toothbrush bristles clean and dry. You havent seen their product in hotels or amenity stores yet, but keep your eyes open; pretty soon itll be just as popular as disposable utensils.
Wendy and Stephanie, two Holmdel moms (with two children each) have been living in Holmdel for more than two decades combined. Both ambitious women had successful careers, as a speech therapist and meeting planner, respectively, at McGraw Hill, until they had children and took on their next important rolesplaying mom. When their kids started getting older and advancing in the Holmdel school district, these stay-at home moms were ready to move forward with their careers again, only this time they wanted to try something different. With full force, Wendy and Stephanie ventured into the world of business. What better time to do it than in this economy? They are guaranteed to hold onto their jobs, since they are the only two people in the company.
These leading ladies didnt start their business yesterday. It has been 2 years since their adventure began, and the road has been filled with bumps and turns. The idea came to Wendy and Stephanie since they are both avid travelersalways on the go. When they stayed in hotels, they wondered where to keep their toothbrushes without resting them on a dirty counter or in a glass. The idea for a disposable toothbrush holder hit them while discussing the issue on a long walk for Breast Cancer in New York City.
First, Wendy and Stephanie needed to put their product idea on paper, find a lawyer, patent it, and finally, secure a manufacturer willing to make the prototype at a reasonable cost. United States manufacturers wanted to overcharge for the sample toothbrush holders, so Wendy and Stephanie found resources in China where their creation could be made at a low enough cost to be profitable. If youve never invented something this may sound like a nightmare, but it wasnt for these two determined women. Their biggest obstacle wasnt even creating a name for their company (W & S Designs). That was simple, Stephanie says, pointing to the monogram logo where her initial appears second to Wendys. Theres already a company name that is S &W, so W & S would suffice.
The most complicated part of the process, they said, came at The Javits Center showcase last November, when they argued over throwing out a carpet or not. So far, that argument has been the roughest part of their journey as entrepreneurs. Wouldnt everyone wish for that to be their biggest issue? Wendy and Stephanie did say that there were times they wanted to throw in the towel, but their hard work, persistence, time, and effort kept them going. As they like to put it, Nothing comes easy.
Thats a lesson theyve taught their [collective] four children in these past 2 years. Their kids have watched as their mothers spent countless hours writing, researching, and making business phone calls. Wendy and Stephanies persistence has taught their kids to keep trying, and eventually good fortune will follow. Their success has already inspired other Holmdel residents to follow their dreams. Wendy and Stephanie said that some other friends are now working on creating businesses, too.
Right now, W & S Designs is pitching the disposable toothbrush holder, meeting with hotel management leaders and amenity distributors. So, look out hotel housekeeping your carts will soon be filled with W & S Designs!
Wendy Bay Avenue Trattoria,Highlands
Stephanie Copper Canyon,Atlantic Highlands
Wendy Eric Clapton
Stephanie Billy Joel
Wendy Bridget Jones Diary
Stephanie Pretty Woman
Wendy no place to keep your toothbrush at a hotel;
Stephanie cars that take up two parking spaces
THREE PEOPLE YOUD LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
Wendy Zadie Smith,Ina Gardner, and Al Gore;
Stephanie Ellen Degeneres, Oprah Winfrey, and Jim Carrey
Powered by eDirectory™